ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor
tnhphuong

Change screenos to jnuos

Hi!

I have a SSG520 with screenOS software. I want to change software from screenOS to Junos. But i don't find documment to do this. Please send me documment or kb for this. Thank alot.

Trusted Expert
AndyC

Re: Change screenos to jnuos

Hi,

This is in the FAQ for the SSG500 seriers you need to make sure you have an 'M' version to be able to convert.

Q: Can the SSG 550M or SSG 520M be converted to a J6350 or J4350?

A: Yes, if a customer chooses, they can convert the SSG 520M or SSG 550M to a J4350/J6350 running JUNOS for a $1000

fee. At that point, the platform becomes a J Series router with no access to previously installed functionality.

SSG-520M-J-CONV-S SSG 520M to J4350 Conversion Kit

SSG-550M-J-CONV-S SSG 550M to J6350 Conversion Kit

I dont know if this still apples as I cant see the part codes on the data sheet. Might be best speaking to your reseller to confirm,

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

JNCIS-FWV
JNCIA-WX
JNCIA-SSL
JNCIA-ER
Contributor
tnhphuong

Hi!

I have SSG520M and i think we can change screenOS to Junos or opposite. I think we can build flash with file media to change from screenOS to Junos but i want another solution to do this. Can anyone give me solution or documment to change from screenOS to Junos and from Junos to screenOS. Thank alot.

Contributor
Louis_Winston

Hi,

The below link answers all your question.. Kindly check the doucments listed in the links

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-es/junos-es85/index.html#JUNOS-Software-with-Enhanced-Services-Migration-Documentation

I hope this helps

regards

LPW

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.