Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Config gateway address Wizard vs WebGUI

Posted 08-31-2009 12:51

When I started my current configuration, I used the wizard to config Interface 0/0 as Untrusted with a default gateway IP address.  In the config file I see:

set interface ethernet0/0 gateway 208.83.67.129

I see this route in the Network > Routing > Routing Entries:

0.0.0.0/0 208.83.67.129 ethernet0/0 C   1 Root  -

Note this is NOT editable.  Nor is it listed anywhere in the Interface 0/0 edit screens.  Seems there is no way to change this via the webGUI.

Now as long as that router is there, I don't need to change it.  However Phase IV of the rollout of this firewall is to implement PPPoE and get rid of the public router that does the PPPoE for me now.

So I am a little concerned about not seeing anyway to change this value?

• 2.  RE: Config gateway address Wizard vs WebGUI
    Best Answer

Posted 08-31-2009 13:28
    That is interesting. I never run the wizard so I had never noticed that behavior until I just tried it on a box. You can always just go to the CLI and do an "unset interface ethernet0/0 gateway" and this will remove it. Then put in a new default G/W from either the CLI or the WEB GUI.
    Message Edited by muttbarker on 08-31-2009 01:28 PM

• 3.  RE: Config gateway address Wizard vs WebGUI

Posted 08-31-2009 13:46

Thanks.  Much better now I have:

set route 0.0.0.0/0 interface ethernet0/0 gateway 208.83.67.129 preference 20

Originally I started doing everything by hand, but I was going down too many rabbit holes.  So I decided to try the wizard to 'boot strap' the configuration process.  I would venture this is a bug. A wizard should not set a config that then has no way to be editedby the WebGUI.

• 4.  RE: Config gateway address Wizard vs WebGUI

Posted 08-31-2009 13:50
    Yes, It does not seem to be "good" behavior. Perhaps a Juniper JTAC resource might chime in with their thoughts on the logic of this?