Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS

Posted 07-08-2008 03:37

Can we customize the block message sent to the end user, when using integrated web-filtering on SSG platform.

Thanks in advance.

- Ray

• 2.  RE: Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2008 03:38

With SOS 6.1

set url protocol sc-cpa
    set deny- message <string>

regards,

Raheel  

• 3.  RE: Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS

Posted 08-12-2009 20:00

Hi,

How can I add custom HTML into the message? basic tags seem to work, but any useful tags that require customization (img, frame, colour etc) fail to be accepted. The error message returned from either the webui or the cli is along the lines of "unknown keyword" and reference a part of the custom HTML after a =" 

If this code displays correctly, here is an example of a failure message

<FRAMESET ROWS="*"><FRAME src="http://www.google.com" NAME="TITLE"><NOFRAMES>Your page is blocked due to a security policy that prohibits access to $URL_CATEGORY</NOFRAMES></FRAMESET>

The error returned is:

Unknown keyword *">

Any help would be appreciated to configure a proper custom block page

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS

Posted 11-25-2009 08:02

I know you asked about this a long time ago (and didn't get a response), but the problem with your HTML is that you are using double quotes.  If you use single quotes instead for the properties of the tags and steer clear of double quotes, you should be OK.  We came up with a pretty good looking little page that fits within the 500 character limit that scales nicely and seems compatible with all the browsers we tested.

Here it is (427 characters, replace your institution name) :

<style>*{margin:10px 0px;padding:0px;}body{padding:5% 10%;background:#eee;font:.9em/1.3em arial}div{border:3px solid #ccc;padding:5% 5%;background:#fff}em{display:block;padding:2%;background:#fdd6d3}h1{color:#6f0c05;}</style><div><h1>Page Blocked</h1><p><b>&lt;Institution Name&gt;'s</b> security policy prohibits access to:</p><em>$URL_CATEGORY</em><p>Repeated attempts to access blocked content may be investigated.</p></div>

Hope this post helps someone!

• 5.  RE: Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS

Posted 06-11-2010 13:41

That sort of works.  However, if there's a page that has a partial block on it, like an ad or something that is NOT in an iframe (which almost none are anymore), the div and body styles gets applied to the entire page.

Here's a modification I made that definitely works for everything.  And I made a dashed border instead, but you can turn it back to solid.  I also changed the scroll feature of the div so when using the filter for advertisements, the block alert can be scrolled.

<style>*{margin:0 0 8}body{background:#eee;}#b{padding:4%;font:0.9em/1.3em arial;height:100%;overflow:auto}#d{border:3px dashed #ccc;padding:4%;background:#fff}i{display:block;padding:1%;kground:#fdd6d3}h3{color:#753;}</style><div id=b><div id=d><h3>Page Blocked</h3><p><b>COMPANY's</b> security policy prohibits access to:</p><i>$URL_CATEGORY</i><p>Repeated attempts to access blocked content may be investigated.</p></div>

That's 422 characters.  Slightly less than the 427 (also used COMPANY instead of &lt;Institution Name&gt;) example above however much more functional and less disruptive of contents of the original page.

• 6.  RE: Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS

Posted 10-17-2012 08:59

FixerGuy,

THANK YOU!!  I've been hunting around for a nice template and that one works just great.  

• 7.  RE: Customized message for Web filter in ScreenOS

Posted 07-08-2008 14:02

thanks alot Raheel 🙂

- Ray