Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Does a Juniper ssg5 auto save it's config?

Posted 02-07-2013 18:49

Logged into an ssg 5 to make a copy of a config via putty. Logged in entered the "get config" command and realized that I hadn't set putty to log to file went to right click on the edge of the of the putty screen to pull up the settings so i could enable the log to file option to save the config to a text file and by accident right clicked inside the window. All of the code started to re-enter and for some reason i decided to stop it from rolling thru instead of letting it just roll thru. I lost connectivity with this router.

Can i just reboot this router back to get the old config back? Or it will auto save?

• 2.  RE: Does a Juniper ssg5 auto save it's config?

Posted 02-10-2013 04:32

ScreenOS does not save to startup config automatically in the cli.  You do have to issue the save command after making changes.  The changes do apply immediately to the running configuration.

The web interface automatically applies a save after every transaction.

Rebooting the SSG should restore you to the previous state in your scenario.

• 3.  RE: Does a Juniper ssg5 auto save it's config?

Posted 02-11-2013 09:22

For future reference, it's probably safer to use SCP to grab the config (or get it through the web GUI) rather than trying to do it through putty...