Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Error while connecting to Juniper SSL VPN

Posted 02-15-2009 22:09

Hi Guys,

I am having problem in connecting to Juniper SSL VPN , getting below error-

THE SECURE GATEWAY DENIED THE CONNECTION REQUEST FROM THIS CLIENT

(nc.windows.app.23791)

Please help me resolving this.

• 2.  RE: Error while connecting to Juniper SSL VPN

Posted 02-17-2009 03:40

Hi,

To view the flowchart for the steps listed below, select this link:  http://kb.juniper.net/kb/documents/public/resolution_path/J_FW_VPN_Config_or_Trblsh.htm

You can then use the following steps to assist with resolving issues related to Launching/Establishing a connection with Network Connect:

Does this affect One user or Many users? For assistance, see: KB9211 - How do I verify which users an issue is affecting?

One User      - Skip to Step 3. 
    Many Users - Continue with Step 2.   
      Are the users currently on a supported platform?  Consult:  KB9212 - How do I know if my client system meets the compatibility requirements to access the SSL VPN?

Yes - Skip to Step 2a. 
    No   - Resolve the requirements issues and try the connection again.

Have there been any recent network changes?
    No   - Skip to Step 2b. 
    Yes - Refer to the following link for assistance: KB9258 - How do I verify that there haven't been any network changes?

Are the NCP settings correctly configured? For assistance, see KB9283 - How do I verify the NCP settings?
    Yes - Skip to Step 2c.
    No   - Correct the NCP settings and try the connection again

Is the NC Connection Profile correctly configured? For assistance, see KB9285 - How do I verify that the NC Connection Profile is configured correctly
    Yes - Skip to Step 2d.
    No   - Correct the NCP Connection Profile and try the connection again

If there is a proxy configured, is it configured correctly?  For assistance, consult: KB9232 - How do I verify that the external proxy is configured correctly
    Yes - Skip to Step 7.
    No - Correct the Proxy configuration and try the connection again.
      Is the user currently on a supported platform?  Consult:  KB9212 - How do I know if my client system meets the compatibility requirements to access the SSL VPN?

Yes - Skip to Step 4. 
    No   - Resolve the requirements issues and try the connection again.
      Have there been any recent network changes?

No   - Skip to Step 5. 
    Yes - Refer to the following link for assistance: KB9258 - How do I verify that there haven't been any network changes?
      If there is a proxy configured, is it configured correctly?  For assistance, consult: KB9232 - How to verify that the external proxy is configured correctly

Yes - Skip to Step 6.
    No - Correct the Proxy configuration and try the connection again.
      Does the role/realm settings work for other users?

Yes - Skip to Step 7.
    No   - Consult:  KB9105 - How to verify the Role/Realm settings for Network Connect
      Has Network Connect client side logging been turned on?

Yes - Skip to Step 8.
    No   - Consult: KB9210 - How to turn on Network Connect client side logging

Is a software firewall allowing the Network Connect traffic?  For assistance, consult: KB9216 - How do I check that a client side software firewall is not preventing access. 

Yes - Skip to Step 9.
    No   - Modify or temporarily disable the software firewall to permit the Network Connect traffic, then try the connection again.
     Has a Network Connect clean uninstall and a reinstall been done?

Yes - Skip to Step 10.
    No   - Consult: KB9081 - How to perform a Network Connect clean uninstall
    Collect Network Connect logs and open a case with Juniper Technical Support.  Refer to the following link to collect the Network Connect logs and open a case: KB9218 - How to collect the Network Connect logs when opening a case with Juniper Technical

Regards

Gavrilo

• 3.  RE: Error while connecting to Juniper SSL VPN

Posted 02-17-2009 07:08
    it seems that  link you have sent is not the correct one,can you please see the linkhttp://kb.juniper.net/kb/documents/public/resolution_path/J_FW_VPN_Config_or_Trblsh.htm this is for fireewall not for SSL VPN , please advise 🙂

• 4.  RE: Error while connecting to Juniper SSL VPN

Posted 02-18-2009 02:34

Sorry, I miss read your question.

I don't have much knowlege of SSL VPN so hopefully you will get another response.

Gavrilo