ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Super Contributor
ELKIM

Re: FTP traffic Cause CPU High

hi WL,

thx for update. i already set the policy that u suggest. but the cpu still goes high. then i try to set traffic shaping like mehdi and john suggest and the result cpu not quite high,

btw i have another question. i only setup 2 interface with eth3 on v1-untrust and eth4 on v1-trust. i set maximum bandwidth to 5000kbps. and inject only FTP traffic. but why the FTP traffic only takes 1500kbps not 5000kbps ?

thanks

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

Hi,

Did you set the Traffic Shaping on the Policy or did you set the BW on the interface?

-John

John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT,

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution". Kudos are appreciated.
Super Contributor
ELKIM

hi John,

i set traffic shaping on policy. set only on max bw field.

Thanks

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

OK, I would try to enable "Counting" on the Policy as well.  Then login to the WebUI during a transfer, go to the policy, and hit the hour glass icon.  This should tell you how much Bandwidth is in use through the Firewall for that Policy.

-John

John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT,

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution". Kudos are appreciated.
Super Contributor
ELKIM

hi John,

thx for info. i would try it tomorrow cause i'm out of office right now. btw do u have messenger like yahoo or msn for quick chat?

i also wanna ask you about traffic shaping 

thanks

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

Sure, my yahoo id is fir3wall72 and my gmail is firewall72.
John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT,

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.