ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Visitor
lmiller

Firewall trouble - dip alloc failed

Hi,

I posted this once before, but right after I did, we received a stop work order on the project.  Now it's back on and I need to get this resolved.

I am trying to get traffic froman interface, 10.60.0.11, on redundant1, 10.60.0.10, to an interface on redundant2, 172.32.0.1, specifically the RLMWB, 172.32.127.253.   But it is not working, these are the last 3 lines from the debug when I try to ping from red1 to the RLMWB on red2

Permitted by policy 6

dip alloc failed. dip_id = 0

packet dropped, dip alloc failed

Source interface is eth0/0 and destination interface is eth6/4.  The person that created this config is no longer with the company.  I know there is a dip assigned to a loopback, but do not see how that would affect this situation.

Originally I had red2 in nat mode, but changed it to route after advice from the last post.

I am attaching a copy of the config and the debug results. showing the dip alloc failed.

I have Cisco, experience, but no Juniper, so any help would be appreciated.

This is how it should be setup

src-ip -> red1 -> red2 -> dst-ip(RLMWB)

Thanks in advance,

Leonard

Visitor
lmiller

Re: Firewall trouble - dip alloc failed

I am attaching the results of "get policy id 6" and "get dip"

Thanks,

Leonard

Distinguished Expert
echidov

Hi,

The DIP is configured on the loopback.2 interface but the egress interface redundant2 is not assigned to its loopback group. Try this:

set interface "redundant2" loopback-group "loopback.2"

Kind regards,
Edouard
Visitor
lmiller

You know, I think that may have worked. I tested it in the lab and it appears to have done what it was supposed to do.  I already sent it to the field, so we'll see what they have to say about it.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you very much Edouard.

Best regards,

Leonard

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.