Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Guest WiFi USing VLAN

Posted 08-14-2014 11:53
      |   view attached

NS-5gt, Trust-Untrust Mode

Internal net: 192.168.1.0/24, VLAN 10 192.168.2.0/24

I have a dual SSID VLAN Aware Access point

I have configured the guest SSID on VLAN 10.  The office SSID is untagged

I configured a sub interface (trust.1) for VLAN 10 on my 5gt.

The guest clients get the proper address from DHCP (192.168.2.X)

With the sub-interface in the Trust zone, The guest clients are able to access the 192.168.1.0 network as well as the internet.

I want guests to access within 192.168.2.0 and the internet only.

I created a layer-3 zone called L3-Client_WiFi and I put the trust.1 sub-interface in that zone. 

I created policies:

set policy id 4 from "Untrust" to "Trust"  "10.2.59.0/24" "Any" "ANY" permit
    set policy id 1 from "Trust" to "Untrust"  "Any" "Any" "ANY" permit
    set policy id 2 from "Untrust" to "Trust"  "Any" "VIP(untrust)" "Fire Alarm System" permit
    set policy id 5 from "L3-Client_WiFi" to "Untrust"  "Any" "Any" "ANY" nat src permit
    set policy id 6 from "Trust" to "L3-Client_WiFi"  "Any" "Any" "ANY" permit
    set policy id 7 from "L3-Client_WiFi" to "Trust"  "Any" "Any" "ANY" deny

Policy 4 is for a VPN connection, policy 2 is for an alarm system connection.

With these policies in place, the clients cannot access the internet.  If I move the sub-interface back into the trust zone, they can access the internet as well as the office network.

Is anyone able to look at my configuration (attached) and suggest a change that will get the set-up functioning properly?  Do I need to put my office SSID into a separate VLAN as well?  Is the fact that the office LAN is untagged causing problems?

Attachment(s)

txt
    ns5gtconfig.txt   6 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Guest WiFi USing VLAN

Posted 08-14-2014 14:20

Can you run a "debug flow basic" on the traffic that is failing?

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23844#basicdebug

• 3.  RE: Guest WiFi USing VLAN
    Best Answer

Posted 08-21-2014 11:59

I apologize for the delayed response.  It is difficult to work at this particualr site, so most of what I do is remote. 

It turned out to be faulty testing methodolgy on my part, based on trying to test the effect of the policy change remotely.  I recreated the site in the lab and it worked perfectly, so I moved that configuration live and things do, indeed, work as they should.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my problem!