Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Howto Clear Red Alarm Light

Posted 03-25-2008 17:36

While configuring an SSG-140... the red alarm light is triggered and lit on the front of the device... how do I get the red light to turn off?

I've cleared the alarm event log by doing the following: Home... Alarm Events... More... Clear.

This deletes the alarm logs, but does not turn off the light.

FYI.. I believe the light is triggered by my testing of the device... while testing... DNS is not configured on the ssg-140, and I have a policy that references a domain (instead of the IP). Obviously the ssg-140 can't determine the ip of the domain without DNS, and therefore it triggers the alarm. My question is just simply.. how do I get the light to turn off without power cycling the device???

(simple question, but couldn't find the answer in forum or kb)

Message Edited by helpmejuniper on 03-25-2008 05:36 PM

• 2.  RE: Howto Clear Red Alarm Light

Posted 03-26-2008 06:36

You can see the HW installation guide of your SSG 140 model to get the meaning of the blinking alarm LED:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/netscreen-systems/netscreen-systems60/HW_SSG140_600.pdf

From a personal experience I would say that I have never seen a netscreen firewall in production with the red alarm LED OFF.

• 3.  RE: Howto Clear Red Alarm Light

Posted 03-26-2008 06:50
    Use the CLI command to clear it.

• 4.  RE: Howto Clear Red Alarm Light
    Best Answer

Posted 03-26-2008 07:03

using the "clear led alarm" command in the cli will do the job.

• 5.  RE: Howto Clear Red Alarm Light

Posted 03-26-2008 10:13
    stijn~  thanks for the feedback; it's good to know what to expect for normal behavior of the device once we place into production.  that helps, cheers!

• 6.  RE: Howto Clear Red Alarm Light

Posted 03-27-2008 06:55
    I'm glad that my post was of some value for you, feel free to use the "accepted solution" feature 🙂