Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  I want to block HTTPS URLs..

Posted 07-22-2015 18:01

Hello all,

I have ISG-1000, SSG-140.

Using the SSG-140, I'd like to block HTTPS URLs such as Facebook, Google and so on.

But, instead of HTTP URLs, whole https URLs were not blocked.

So, I searched this issues, and found two-> 

One is,

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/How-can-I-block-HTTPS-website-on-juniper-srx-100/m-p/106530

In its URL, following sentence appeared,

1/  DNS doctoring (make your SRX return 127.0.0.1 for *.facebook.com) - SRX must be inline for DNS requests-replies

This will block HTTP and HTTPS acccess to Facebook  but I guess you don't need HTTP acccess to Facebook either?

2/ write an IDP policy which matches on SSL Client Hello extension "server_name" and sends a TCP RST if this extension contains "*.facebook.com"

3/ most crude method - write a prefix-list which contains Facebook prefixes (below is from whois query I executed few mins ago)

Actually, I don't know number 1, 2 method correctly.

Especially, I am wondering number 2's propose.

SSG-140 does not support IDP, but ISG-1000 does support IDP.

So using the ISG-1000, can I block HTTPS URLs?

Second is,

The method I should do is using the websense application.

As I searched, websense is a software company, right?

So, should I buy a websense application...?

Please contact me expert.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: I want to block HTTPS URLs..
    Best Answer

Posted 07-23-2015 09:33

You could use WebSense redirect to block HTTPS requests.  From the 6.2 release notes:

Redirect Web Filtering of HTTPS Traffic - ScreenOS 6.2.0 includes the ability to
    redirect and filter HTTPS traffic using Websense URL filtering. Prior releases only
    allowed redirect of HTTP traffic. As with the earlier HTTP-only implementation, this
    enhancement allows the device to intercept the first HTTPS request for each new TCP
    connection and then sends a request to Websense to determine whether or not the
    request should be blocked.

• 3.  RE: I want to block HTTPS URLs..

Posted 07-23-2015 18:33

Then,, following the 6.2 release notes, there's no way except for using the websense??

...actually we have no conditions to buy it.

So, can't I block HTTPS URLs?? right ;(

Regards,