Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  ISG 1000 not loading ScreenOS software

Posted 04-23-2014 07:26

I have a ISG 1000 that i'm testing to determine if my team we'll be keeping it as a backup device, originally when it was powered up I was getting a Bootloader error so I went through the steps to update the Bootloader. I am no longer getting that error but now it boots to the below screen and just sits there, pressing 'Enter' or any other keys does nothing. Has anyone had this issue? Am I missing a step? I was going to try re-installing ScreenOS but i'm never promted to "Hit any key"

Juniper Networks ISG Series BootRom V1.1.0 (Checksum: 90554656)

Copyright  (c)  1997-2005  Juniper Networks, Inc.

Total physical memory:  1024MB

Test – Pass

Initialization . . . . . . . .  Done

Hit key ‘X’  and  ‘A’ sequentially to update OS Loader . . . .

Loading  OS  Loader from on-board flash memory . . . + + +

Done!

Ignore image authentication!

Start  loading . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Done.

• 2.  RE: ISG 1000 not loading ScreenOS software

Posted 04-23-2014 22:44

Hi,

Looks like the device is unable to load from flash. Try re-installing the bootloader once more and check if it makes a difference. If not, then looks like a hardware issue.

• 3.  RE: ISG 1000 not loading ScreenOS software

Posted 04-24-2014 09:58

It looks like you saved the bootloader to Flash during the update, which means it overwrote your ScreenOS. Run the steps to update the bootloader, but instead of bootloader image, load a ScreenOS image, then tell it to save to Flash and tell it NOT to run. Then reboot the firewall.

• 4.  RE: ISG 1000 not loading ScreenOS software
    Best Answer

Posted 04-24-2014 10:51

It looks like the bootloader is loading, but it is not continuing on to load the OS.  I have seen this before and it has always been hardware related.  I would suggest contacting JTAC.

• 5.  RE: ISG 1000 not loading ScreenOS software

Posted 04-29-2014 09:24

Thanks All! And Thank you rseibert, contacted JTAC and it's a hardware issue.

• 6.  RE: ISG 1000 not loading ScreenOS software

Posted 04-24-2014 20:03

Run the steps to update the bootloader, but instead of bootloader image, load a ScreenOS image

----load a release image,maybe take effect