ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor

ISG1000-IDP

Hi all,

got ISG1000  with IDP licenese ,

i also got the 4 eth ports card installed,

the IDP polices can be configured on the 4 eth ports on that card only or i can use the 4 ports on the chassis it self to activate the IDP policies?

rock the boat , dont sink the ship
Contributor
dviloria

Re: ISG1000-IDP

Hi, The IDP policies applies zone to zone on the ISG and not like a traditional IDP that apply policies by segment. So it doesn't matter what ports are you using, you can configure policies from any port to any port if they are in distict zones.

Regards.

Trusted Expert
Kashif-rana

Hi,

-Using IDP of ISG u configure IDP policy by zone based like firewall policies.

From Zone

Source

To Zone

Destination

Service

Action

Log

-With standalone IDP policies are configured by interface based and no zone concept. u have to decide incoming and outgoing interface for IDP policies.

Thanks

Kashif Rana
JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS(FWV,SSL),JNCIA(IDP,AC,WX),BIG IP-F5-LTM, CCNP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!
Visitor
umer

Hi,

can anyone send some PDF to configure the IDP module in ISG 1000 by using the NSM from scratch. i am unable to find any documenation that typically deals with the IDP configuration in ISG.

thanks in advance

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.