Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
Expand all | Collapse all

Internet not working when DNS is configured on computer to 'obtained addresses dynamically'

• 1.  Internet not working when DNS is configured on computer to 'obtained addresses dynamically'

Posted 02-02-2012 12:41

Hello,

I am working on a SSG-5 that also functions as a DHCP server. The computers on the LAN can't open websies when they are configured to obtain DNS addresses dynamically (but I get a reply of network connectivity when I ping 4.2.2.2 in this same condition).. BUT when I configure the DNS addresses (provided by my ISP) manually on the computers, they can open websites.

I am guessing this is a DNS issue. I have double checked the DHCP and DNS configs on the firewall and it seems okay to me. What suggestions do you have on how to rectify this issue.

URGENT please. Kindly assist.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Internet not working when DNS is configured on computer to 'obtained addresses dynamically'
    Best Answer

Posted 02-02-2012 15:12

Are you sure the DNS settings are configured in your DHCP server?

On a windows client use this to see all the ip parameters that the client has from the DHCP server.

ipconfig /all

Configure the DNS server settings in DHCP here.

Web

Network - DHCP - Edit on interface

DNS 1

Advanced - DNS 2

CLI

set interface bgroup0 dhcp server option dns1 1.1.1.1
    set interface bgroup0 dhcp server option dns2 2.2.2.2 

• 3.  RE: Internet not working when DNS is configured on computer to 'obtained addresses dynamically'

Posted 02-07-2012 01:01

Thanks!

I checked it and it worked!