Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Interzone SSH to Cisco device times out

Posted 01-21-2010 08:47

Hello, I have an SSG550 with multiple zones. Basically here is the problem, I have my admin workstation in zone A and my Cisco switches (and users) in zone B. When I try to SSH (or telnet) to my Cisco switches I am successful and I see the traffic accepted in the firewall (via NSM) logs. I am able to login, but after about 10 seconds my connection is broken.

When I ran Wireshark it shows me that the device stops responding to my workstation and I begin retransmissions.

If I use SSH (or telnet) from a PC on the same subnet as the switch it work fine.

I thought it might have something to do with Security Screening options (like SYN flood protection) that I recently enabled, but even when I disable it, it still happens.

The policy rule for Zone A to Zone B is Any Any Permit.

Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Interzone SSH to Cisco device times out

Posted 01-21-2010 16:34

Hi,

Just for testing, have you tried telnet instead and see if you have the same problem?  What firmware version are you running on the Juniper device?

Also, I assume the default gateway on your network is the SSG for all VLANs?

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Interzone SSH to Cisco device times out
    Best Answer

Posted 01-22-2010 05:53

Hi,

Make sure no asymetrical routing is happening.

Apply command no ip proxy-arp and make sure your machines gateway and cisco gateway is pointing to firewall i.e. is on firewall.

Thanks