ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Visitor
copley.chris@gmail.com

KVM through netscreen via VIP

I have a ssg5 and I am running a VIP service to connect to a KVM.  Problem is when I open the video session it dies.  I ran a wireshark & found the application is acting like FTP where the remote hosts sends data back on a different port.   On my SSG5 I have a VIP service for port 8080 that maps to port 443 of my KVM.  When I start the video session the KVM starts to recieve data through port 5900 (VNC), but the KVM begins the connection and the firewall is dropping it.  I can not figure out how to create a service that allows this traffic, can any one help?

Chris

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

Re: KVM through netscreen via VIP

Hi,

The first thing I would try is migrating the VIP to a MIP.  My theory is the unidirectional NAT is breaking your video stream.  I would run the debug after the change.  If the KVM is opening a new session for the return, you may need to add the proper outbound policy.

John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT,

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution". Kudos are appreciated.
Visitor
copley.chris@gmail.com

I would love to do a MIP, but I only have 1 IP address from my ISP.  I do not know how to get around that problem.

Chris

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

Hi Chris,

In that case, I would create a rule that permits VNC (5900) sourcing in the KVM zone and permitting to any in the inbound zone (i.e. Trust/KVM, Untrust/ANY, VPN-5900, Permit).  Feel free to send the output from the debugs and I will have a look.

John

John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT,

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution". Kudos are appreciated.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.