Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Max SubInterfaces on SSG Platform

Posted 07-18-2009 15:20

Good day all,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me confirm something.

I currently have an SSG5 that I have connected to a trunked Cisco switch.  I have created several subinterfaces on the SSG5 and everything appears to be working wonderfully.  I understand that the box-stock SSG5 only permits 10 VLAN's, however I want to make sure that my implimentation is capable of scaling.  Should I get an enhanced license for the SSG5 (which permits 50VLan I beleive), or upgrade to different SSG model, will I be able to add more then 11 subinterfaces to a physical interface?

In the process of adding subinterfaces to 0/1, I noticed the SSG5 would only allow me to use 0-11 as a subinterface identifier.

Please advise.

Thanks in advnace.

WH

• 2.  RE: Max SubInterfaces on SSG Platform
    Best Answer

Posted 07-19-2009 00:34

Yes,there is a limitation.Here is the Kb which lists the limit for the various platforms

http://kb.juniper.net/index?page=content&id=KB14301&actp=search&searchid=1247987492302

• 3.  RE: Max SubInterfaces on SSG Platform

Posted 07-19-2009 07:38

Thanks WL, that helped a lot.  It looks like for the SSG platform, for the most part you can assign the maximum number of vlans to a single interface.

I'm new to the Juniper platform (typically Cisco, but I'm converting).  When it said I could only use values 0-10, I wanted to make sure there was not some software limitation at play.

Thanks again!

WH

Message Edited by WH7702 on 07-19-2009 07:39 AM