Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Migrating a NetScreen-208 configuration file to an SSG-520. Can it be done?

Posted 04-30-2009 13:45
    This has probably been asked in one way or another on this forum before. I have a customer looking to replace their NS-208 with an SSG-520 or something similiar. They want to take the configuration from the Netscreen and import it to the SSG. Can this be done? I know some of the configuration may not work on the SSG, but can it be done? It would be a simple config file download of the file and an upload to the SSG-520.
    Message Edited by ScottKovacik on 04-30-2009 01:46 PM

• 2.  RE: Migrating a NetScreen-208 configuration file to an SSG-520. Can it be done?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-30-2009 14:03

Hi

Yes, it definitely can be done. But you may have to do it manually.

You need to do a search and replace the interface configurations respectively eg:

NS208 - ethernet1 SSG500 - ethernet0/0

So just need to search and replace the interfaces accordingly. The text replace will do it for everything linked to interfaces so you should be fine(vpns, routes etc).

Just need to check that the routes are correct in case you have changed the ISP gateway anything like that.

• 3.  RE: Migrating a NetScreen-208 configuration file to an SSG-520. Can it be done?

Posted 04-30-2009 14:05
    Thanks kind of what I expected. I needed it verified before I made a recommendation. Much appreciated, Thanks!!!