12-01-2009 09:59 PM
We need to migrate our NS5GT to SSG 20. What would be the most simplest way to migrate the existing configuration and port the same on our new device ?
Please help on the above.
12-04-2009 08:44 AM
I would take the following action.
- Save a copy of the NS5GT config
- Save a copy of the default SSG20 config
- Map out which interfaces you want to use in the SSG20
- Open the 5GT config using Wordpad, do a Find and Replace for the interface changes (i.e. find trust, replace with bgroup0) for each interface
- Check the config for accuracy and save
- TFTP the config over to the SSG20, reset and test
- if needed, you can wipe the 20 by logging into the device using the serial number for username and password
I've taken this approach with high levels of success for NS-25 to SSG-140/320's.