Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Multiple NAT with Multiple route interfaces

Posted 08-31-2011 01:33

Hi all,

I have an unusual setup with a SSG-140, but this is doable with most profesional hardware (that I know of) so I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Juniper. (Searched the forum, but couldn't find any simular issues).

The situation is as following;

1. I have eth0/0 setup for ISP1 (1.1.1.1), configured as route, it's part of the zone untrust, for the virtual router untrust-vr

2. I have eth0/1 setup for ISP2 (2.2.2.2), configured as route, it's part of the zone "untrust company b", for the virtual router untrust-vr-company-b

3. I have eth0/4 setup for the LAN (10.0.0.0/16), configured as NAT, it's part of the zone trust, for the virtual router trust-vr

4. I have eth0/5 setup for the LAN (192.168.1.0/24), configured as NAT, it's part of the zone "trust company b", for the virtual router trust-company-b.

Everything works as it should, until we get to the NAT-part. When I am on the network connected to eth0/4, everything works as it should. I can browse the internet and do everything I want as far as I allow by policies and etc.

On the subnet of Company B however, nothing works. So I entered debugging and I did saw packages going out on eth0/2. Then I connected my computer to eth0/2 and started wireshark. For some reason, packages do come out, but not NAT-ed from the ip from the router (thus 2.2.2.2), but from the source ip (192.168.1.10).

This of course will never get any answer from anywhere, as these packages are simply discarded by the next-hop router.

Any ideas on how to comfigure this correctly anyway?

• 2.  RE: Multiple NAT with Multiple route interfaces
    Best Answer

Posted 08-31-2011 04:07

Interface nat only works in certain circumstances and one where it does not work is the use of a custom zone.

Change interface eth0/5 to route

On the policy for "trust comapny b" to "untrust compnay b" add nat src

cli

set policy from "trust comapny b" to "untrust compnay b"  "Any" "Any" "ANY" nat src permit

web

policy--policies

choose edit

hit advanced button

check box for Source translation using the default selection egress interface

• 3.  RE: Multiple NAT with Multiple route interfaces

Posted 08-31-2011 04:36

Thanks, this works like a charm. Now all I need to do is the final configuration and it should all work perfectly.