Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  NAt Translations

Posted 10-17-2010 04:28

Hello Dears,

Where i can see the translation's of interface based source NAT or DIP pool NAT.I mean to say show ip nat translations such as in cisco.

Answer:????

what do mean by the this command.    set interface ethernet2/3 dip interface-ip incoming

Answer:??????

Thanks

• 2.  RE: NAt Translations

Posted 10-17-2010 10:38

Answer1 :

you can use the command :  " get session "    and/or   "get session | include X.X.X.X"

X.X.X.X: is the source or destination ip addresses

Answer2:

let's say that you have the below  policy :

from ip-1  to ip-2  then permit & source nat using dip 5

that means that when ip1 tries to access ip2 it will be permitted & source natting will happen

src ip1   dst ip2    will  translated to      src natted-ip1    dst ip2

But what if ip2 tried to access ip1 using the natted ip (  src ip2  dst natted-ip1 )  ? the access will not be permitted

But if you have  this  command  "dip interface-ip incoming"  the access will be permitted

This  is used only with Voip tarffic ( H.323 , SIP , ....... ) & cannot be used with non VOIP traffic

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

• 3.  RE: NAt Translations

Posted 10-17-2010 11:13

Hello,

There is no voice in my network only DATA then what will be the reason he applied this command.??

Traffic is not bidirectional with source nat using dip

Thanks

• 4.  RE: NAt Translations

Posted 10-17-2010 12:24

As far as i know , since you don't have VOIP traffic , this command is doing nothing  ( Specially when your traffic is not bidirectional  this  seems to be  for sure doing nothing  )

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

• 5.  RE: NAt Translations

Posted 10-18-2010 12:49

Hello Dear,

Is it the taffic is bidirectional when we use policy nat with dip pool?????

• 6.  RE: NAt Translations
    Best Answer

Posted 10-18-2010 13:27

Yes , But only used with Voip Traffic as mentioned above