ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Visitor
BastiaanH

NS5GT-WLAN bridge between wired and wireless interfaces

Hi everyone,

I've got an NS5GT-WLAN to use in-home. The wired untrust interface is connected to my internet connection. The wired trust interface is connected to my home computers and NAS box. I've setup one wireless interfaces into zone trust, and configured it to route to internet and wired trust zone. All networks can reach each other, all works perfect.

Now i want to configure the wireless and wired interfaces as a layer 2 connected zone. So wired and wireless are in the same IP subnet. I need this for certain services like uPNP to be used cross wireless and wired network.

I think the way to go is to configure both the interfaces in the V1-trust zone, and set the route IP on VLAN1, like making them transparent. But i need some conformation on this.

Any input is very welcome, thanks in advance!

Regards,

Bastiaan

Distinguished Expert
spuluka

Re: NS5GT-WLAN bridge between wired and wireless interfaces

I don't use the NS5GT but the SSG series running screenos 6.  So I'm not sure if this feature is here.

I put the wireless interface and the trust ethernet interfaces into the same bgroup.  This allows them to get addresses from the same dhcp server and be on the same LAN.

Steve Puluka BSEET
Juniper Ambassador
Senior Network Engineer - UPMC Pittsburgh, PA
JNCIA-ER JNCIA-EX JNCIS-SEC JNCIP-SEC
JNCIS-FWV JNCIS-SSL
MCP - Managing Server 2003 MCP - Windows XP Professional
MCTS Windows 7
http://puluka.com/home
Visitor
BastiaanH

Re: NS5GT-WLAN bridge between wired and wireless interfaces

[ Edited ]

Hi spuluka, ns devices do not have the the option to combine interfaces to a bgroup.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.