ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
krv
Contributor
krv

NSM log timestamps

Hello everyone,

We recently upgraded from NSM 2007 to 2008.  In our clients, the timestamps are now being displayed incorrectly.  I opened a JTAC case on this issue, and it turns out that NSM is reading the time from our local machines.  We all run NSM on GNU/Linux, and in the Unix way, keep UTC in hardware clocks and localtime in the system clock.

In previous versions, timestamps were in the correct timezone.  Now, they are displaying as UTC.  Either something changed between versions, or there is some corrective action I need to take that I forgot about.

Has anyone else seen this?  NSM should be using libc to get system time, but it seems to be reading the hardware clock when it shouldn't.  Is there a workaround? 

New User
Sergio

Re: NSM log timestamps

Hi KRV,

Prolly NSM is not using LIBC and is reading the HW clock. Check with the support, future versions may support switching the gettime call

About the upgrade you've done, maybe you could help me out; Did you had to upgrade the RHv4 to RHv5?

I have also a 2007.3r3 running on top of a RHv4, and i'm not sure if i need to upgrade the OS first before installing NSMv2008

Cheers,

Phk

krv
Contributor
krv

Re: NSM log timestamps

Nope, RHEL 4.7, works fine.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.