Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
Expand all | Collapse all

NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

• 1.  NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 01-29-2015 15:40

Backup is now Master. Old Master is now (I), inoperable, the NSRP configuration is out of syncronization between local and peer. I followed a couple docs and still cannot get old Master in HA. Any hints? TIA!

-JS

• 2.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization
    Best Answer

Posted 01-30-2015 02:15

Hi,

First, you need to figure out why the device is stuck at 'I', rather than being Master or Backup. Chec the 'get nsrp' output of both firewalls, which will give an idea about this.

Once the 2nd device is in a healthy state, you can go ahead with forcing a sync (exec nsrp sync global config save).

• 3.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 01-30-2015 07:38

Thankx. I looked at get nsrp a few times earlier. You prompted me to look closer. Ended up being a poor cable conection on an interface.

-JS

• 4.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 01-30-2015 07:52

Good to know that the cluster is healthy now.

Are the firewalls in sync now? You can check using 'exec nsrp sync global config check'.

• 5.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 01-30-2015 11:19

Not sync'd yet. Out of sync device appears to force sync, but after reset still out of sync. Ideas?

-JS

• 6.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 01-30-2015 12:27

Although I deleted a couple policies and both Master and Backup are correct.

• 7.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 02-01-2015 18:49

Sorry, couldn't understand your last post. Do ou mean they are is sync after deleting some policies?

• 8.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 02-02-2015 07:33

Correct. Master and Back up are updated with policy maintenance, but nsrp check returns configuration out of sync.

-JS

• 9.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 02-02-2015 12:46

Hello.

Is the NSRP cluster showing "M" and "B"?

What do you get when you run "exec nsrp sync global diff"?  I think this might give a clue as to which part of the configs are not 'in sync'.

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB11325

Also, what version of ScreenOS are you running?  I ask because there are situations when configs are on both firewalls, but if they are out of order.... this may cause the firewalls to think they are not in sync.

Regards,

Sam

• 10.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 02-02-2015 13:25

Thankx for checking in. I have 3 cmd lines out of order. All are snmp hosts. I am guessing delete and re-enter?

OS 6.3.0r16a-dfj1.0

NSRB is showing M and B.

-JS

• 11.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 02-02-2015 13:27

yeah... i would try deleting them and seeing if the problem goes away.   Then we know for certain it was these snmp commands.

then try re-enter...

Hope that's it!

Regards,

Sam

• 12.  RE: NSRP configuration is out of synchronization

Posted 02-03-2015 09:36

I removed one of the cmd lines, re-entered, and configuration is in sync. Thankx for hanging in with this.

-JS