Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-25-2010 13:08

How are you? I have 10.7.7 version of NetScreen-Remote. Windows XP works perfectly, just need a version for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Where I can get them?

Thank you very much for your support.

• 2.  RE: NetScreen Remote
    Best Answer

Posted 10-25-2010 14:17

This should be posted in the ScreenOS Firewall Forum - but to answer your question - you don't. Netscreen Remote does not work on Vista, Win 7..... The product has been obsoleted.

You have two choices - you can go with a "freeware client - Shrew Networks is the client of choice it seems, or you can go with a client from NCP http://www.ncp-e.com/en.html - they make a "Juniperized" client - their client works very well, easy go use, great interface......

The link to Shrew is http://www.shrew.net/ - it also works well, a little harder to setup but a good choice.

• 3.  RE: NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-26-2010 07:01

Perfect. I deeply appreciate your time in answering my question. I'm going to enter the sites that kindly advise me.

Greetings

• 4.  RE: NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-26-2010 07:08

You are welcome - good luck and I would love to hear what you decide to use and why.

• 5.  RE: NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-26-2010 11:27

I'll try to www.shrew.net site. I hope to have no problem.

• 6.  RE: NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-29-2010 08:53

How are you?

Use the program of the page that you recommended (www.shrew.net). I followed the process to come. I have a SSG140. I need to get an application that is in the office, via the web. The VPN is active, but I can not access the application.

In this case, what need to be modified to enter the application?

A file attachment. In the imagen2, okay that is netmask 255,255,255,255? The application, which need to access, has the IP 172.31.114.201

I deeply appreciate your support.

• 7.  RE: NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-29-2010 12:58

I am guessing that you created a policy based VPN - On the SSG does your untrust to trust policy map to the subnet that the server is on? Can you ping the server. It looks like you have established a VPN tunnel so that would be where I would look next.

• 8.  RE: NetScreen Remote

Posted 10-29-2010 13:32

In fact, I made the process as found on the page. I'm not an expert in juniper, however, try to do things the best I can:)

The ping is not accepted, and political sense where the application server.

I'll try changing the IP addresses in the IP section pools.

Again, very grateful for your support.