Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Netscreen Remote Traffic and Subnets

Posted 01-29-2009 22:28

Hi all,

Im using Netscreen Remote  with a Juniper SSG 5 to create a VPN between moble PC's and my Juniper device.

The Netscreen PC's are assigned an IP 192.168.150.100-192.168.150.200. 

The Juniper SSG5 is on the subnet 192.168.1.0/24 along with some servers. (Site A)

We have a second site, which is connected via site-to-site VPN, and is also a Juniper SSG 5 running subnet 192.168.100.0/24. (Site B)

The site-to-site VPN works perfectly, and data can travel as intended between Site A and Site B.

My problem is the following. I can access all of the PC's from the Netscreen Remote client at Site A, but I'm unable to access Site B at all from the VPN client.

I have tried debugging the information flow on the Site A Juniper, and when i ping any server in Site B from the vpn client, the logs show no traffic being sent to the Site A SSG5 in the first place.

Just to add, on the VPN client PC, Netscreen remote will tunnel all traffic with subnet 192.168.0.0/16 via the VPN connection.

Any suggestion on where to start looking?

• 2.  RE: Netscreen Remote Traffic and Subnets
    Best Answer

Posted 01-29-2009 22:59

Do you have the subnet of the client to site users in your policy/proxy  id's on the site to site ?

What i usually do in these scenarios is create a VPN zone in which i place a tunnel interface (on both devices).

I then create a route based VPN between the tunnel interfaces, on proxy id's 0.0.0.0/0 (or 192.168.0.0/16).

The client to site vpn terminates on the untrust. I need a couple of policies then:

- untrust to trust to allow the vpn clients to site a  (only on FW-site A)

- untrust to vpn-zone to allow the vpn clients to site b (only on FW-site A)

- trust to vpn to allow site a to communicate to site b (on FW-site A and site B)

- vpn to trust to allow site b to communicate to site a (on FW-site A and site B)

Set up routing to the tunnel interfaces

- Route Subnet-SiteB to tunnel-if on site A

- Route Subnet-SiteA to tunnel-if on siteB

This way you should get it running...

Dennis

Message Edited by dennish on 30-01-2009 08:00 AM

• 3.  RE: Netscreen Remote Traffic and Subnets

Posted 11-01-2010 12:15

Hi,

sorry but can you elaborate on the config?  i have a similar problem.  does the ns remote client have to be route based?

thanks

• 4.  RE: Netscreen Remote Traffic and Subnets

Posted 01-31-2009 05:28
    Thanks very much. It worked perfectly.

• 5.  RE: Netscreen Remote Traffic and Subnets

Posted 01-31-2009 08:22

Great!

You're welcome.