ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor
JamesBellaart

New Public IP ranges

Hi,

Currently my Juniper SSG520 is configured with a /27 on its untrust interface.

We are moving into a new datacenter where we have been given a /30 and then a new /27 as well for our MIPs/VIPs.

How do I configure my untrust interface to support these 2 subnets?

The /30 will have the next hop out of the network.

Cheers,

James

Contributor
JamesBellaart

Re: New Public IP ranges

After a bit of searching (thanks search feature) it looks like the answer is to add a Loopback in the Untrust zone with the 2nd IP range and turn off intra zone blocking.

Is that all I need to do? and am I able to use an IP from the pool on the loopback (/27) as my egress IP?

Trusted Expert Trusted Expert
Trusted Expert
WL

Yes it should work fine as long as you have the ISP routing the traffic to your end.

Take a look at C&E guide as well, its for VPN but can be used for cleartext as well:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/screenos/screenos6.1.0/ce_v8.pdf

Page 78 Chapter 4 for MIPs and VIPs.

****pls click the button " Accept as Solution" if my post helped to solve your problem****
Contributor
JamesBellaart

I've found another article suggesting you can simply add a route to the new network on the interface in untrust zone with a gateway of 0.0.0.0.  I have tried this and it allows me to add a MIP using IPs from the new range.
Trusted Expert Trusted Expert
Trusted Expert
WL

Hmm, you dont really need that if you are using 6.1 screen OS. It allows you to configure the MIP without the route.
****pls click the button " Accept as Solution" if my post helped to solve your problem****
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.