Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Newbie Help - Static IP Address - Route Gateway - Configuration

Posted 10-24-2010 10:52

I need to have untrust set to a static ip address.  Please give me detailed WebUi instructions on how to configure the Route Destination so that I can enter the gateway information to access the internet.

untrust ip address needs to be 192.168.1.97

I have to have a static address so that ports opened on the ISP modem can be forwarded to my SSG5.

Thanks!!!

• 2.  RE: Newbie Help - Static IP Address - Route Gateway - Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted 10-24-2010 11:04

In the WebUI, you go to Network->Routing->Destination.  Then on that page, you click the new button in the upper-right hand part of the screen.  Then you put 0.0.0.0 in the IP/ Address field, and 0.0.0.0 in the netmask field as well.  Then you click on the gateway button, and put the 192.168.1.97 address in the Gateway IP address field.  You also will want to select the external interface from the interface list.  Then click on OK, and you should be up and going.

Ron

• 3.  RE: Newbie Help - Static IP Address - Route Gateway - Configuration

Posted 10-24-2010 14:49

Thanks!!  I'll try this and I'll let you know.

• 4.  RE: Newbie Help - Static IP Address - Route Gateway - Configuration

Posted 10-24-2010 18:32

Thanks worked great with the exception that I had to put in 192.168.1.254 as the gateway address, which is the address for the ISP modem.

Thanks again!!

• 5.  RE: Newbie Help - Static IP Address - Route Gateway - Configuration

Posted 10-25-2010 05:59

Sorry, I meant that to mean the address in that subnet which is your gateway.