Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Not seen port ethernet4 on 5xt

Posted 04-25-2013 16:20

Hello, everybody. I am new to Juniper so I got a very strange (maybe simple) question.

Recently I got a 5xt-105-swift box, I put it back to factory default, and after that, I found some behaviours in the docs are not supported.

1. I found there are 4 physical ports in the back called "trusted" and 1 called "untrusted". However, in the config, I saw only eth1 to eth3, there is no eth4.

2. For interface eth2, I can only bind it to home zone. Every time I do a "set int eth2 zone ?" the suggested answer is alaways "home". And if I typed "DMZ", the device does not accept it.

3. I can't create any Layer2 zones either via web GUI or CLI. There are predefined layer 2 zones, but when I tried, the device does not take "set zone name blahblah L2".

Currently the screenOS on this device is 4.0.0.r1. My question is: Are those behaviours above device-specific or OS version matters? Or the box is broken?

I appreciate your help and contribution in advance.

• 2.  RE: Not seen port ethernet4 on 5xt
    Best Answer

Posted 04-26-2013 01:27

Hi,

I have never worked on 5XT, but have some experience with 5GT.
    I think you need to change the port mode on the firewall.
    Below is a link for 5XT:
    http://kb.juniper.net/KB4100

Regards.

Hardeep

If this update is helpful, you may mark it as accepted solution for others to benefit from it.

• 3.  RE: Not seen port ethernet4 on 5xt

Posted 04-28-2013 06:27

Thanks Sahota. That clears my confusion. Actually I tried to "set" the port mode previously with no result, finally I found that command was on 'exec'.