05-29-2012 09:33 AM
I have ssg320m..i have 2 ISP.. ISP 1 & ISP2.. ISP1 for mailing & ISP2 for rest traffic..
For this scenario i configured one default route for my ISP2 & create PBR for mail traffic on ISP1..
I have internel mail server which is mapped with a public ip..
its works fine but after 4 to 5 hours this public IP stop pinging from outside..means pbr stop working..
Pls give me some suggestion..
05-29-2012 10:01 PM
Really strange issue !!!!!
few queries regarding this :
1. When you say public IP stops pinging from outside, I believe you mean from Internet, correct ?
2. Is this a new setup or was it working fine earlier ?
3. When you are unable to ping this public IP from outside, is the mail server also not able to communicate over internet ?
4. Did you get a chance to capture the traffic on firewall at the time of issue and saw something unusual ?
Moreover this PBR config must be from Internal IP to external and shouldn't be concerned with traffic from outside.
05-29-2012 10:41 PM
its a new setup..
yes when i am unable to ping this public ip from outside, my mail server also not able to communicate over internet..
But when ping drop then put a default route to my ISP1 and remove it same time then i got the ping..and then its working fine for next 4-5 hours and again ping drop..
i am attaching my config & get route output.
06-02-2012 12:46 AM
Sorry for the delayed response, had been very busy these days...
Could you please gather the following info for me ,
1. Which firmware and platform are you using ?
2. At the time of issue
Get session src-ip < IP of your mail server>
Collect one instance of above command when everything is working fine.
3. Run Debug flow basic with filters at the time of issue and gather the output.