ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor
Arzo

Re: Questions About Remote VPN

hello rkim, well.. first of all.. i asked from the customer to issue the debug then start the remote connection and there is no output at all. clear.. and about the VPNs.. there is another Route Based vpn configured with static gateway. and the dialup one. is there anything else i can do be useful to you to finalize this issue!!
Tariq Morad
Distinguished Expert
rkim

"hello rkim, well.. first of all.. i asked from the customer to issue the debug then start the remote connection and there is no output at all."

Did you run command "get db stream"? This is required for outputting any debug commands. Debugs do not automatically write to a CLI window. Assuming you ran "debug ike detail" and let the VPN connect, then once it completes run "get db stream" to view the output.

BTW, have you tried going through the Juniper Networks VPN troubleshooting flow? This can be very useful for any VPN troubleshooting. To get to the VPN troubleshooting flow, start here: http://kb.juniper.net/kb/documents/public/resolution_path/J_FW_VPN_Config_or_Trblsh.htm 
Contributor
Arzo

hello rkim, sorry for being late on you, but i'm still waiting from the customer, he is traveling somewhere so i was unable to get info from him, i will be back to you soon.
Tariq Morad
Visitor
chintang

2. how can i use cisco vpn client and juniper at the same pc ?

You can install both Cisco VPN client as well as NS Remote client at the same PC. If you are using Cisco VPN client regularly, just change the startup option of the services called SafeNet IKE Service and SafeNet Monitor Service to MANUAL instead of automatic.

Just note that if you are going to use NS Remote, disable Cisco System VPN service and start the 2 SafeNet services.

Cheers
CT
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.