ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor
Jerbear

Remote VPN Client Discontinued

Now that Juniper has discontinued the Remote VPN client, does anyone know of any third party clients known to work well with Juniper products? I've heard the VPN client that is native to Windows is difficult to configure.

Any suggestions?

Trusted Expert
SSHSSH

Re: Remote VPN Client Discontinued

i heared that " NCP"  &  " SHREW VPN CLIENT " works well  , but i didn't try myself

Contributor
Jerbear

Yes, I have also heard of NCP (www.ncp-e.com) and it is compatible with Windows 7 too. But I haven't heard of anyone who has tried it. Has anyone used NCP or know of any other clients that have been used successfully with Juniper products?

Contributor
FernandoSilva

Hi Jerbear,

We have installed the Shrew VPN Client in a customer and it is working very well!

We have just followed all the instructions on http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoJuniperSsg. Actually, there is an error in the procedure. When creating the "Auto Key Advanced Gateway", dont forget to select the "Mode (Initiator)" to "Aggressive" and not "Main (ID protection)".

Tks.

Fernando Silva
Sales Engineer
JNCIA-EX/ER/JUNOS/WX/FWV, JNCIS-ER/SEC/FWV
Contributor
amol_waghmare

I had successfully configured Shrewsoft on windows xp,2000, vista and win 7. Hard to get it configured but once done you can come to know.

Thanks!

##########################################################################################################
If any of the solutions answers your query please "MARK IT AS ACCEPTED SOLUTION" and if it helps you please say thanks by Kudos
##########################################################################################################
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.