Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG 140 corrupt image

Posted 09-05-2008 08:17

A brand new SSG140 won't boot up. It keeps saying that the image is corrupt.

Tried to upload a new image but the SSG140 is not responding to any key presses. Tried different console cables, different PCs, nothing.

Anybody know of another way to load an o/s image without pressing any key for boot loader???

Or will I have to RMA it??

• 2.  RE: SSG 140 corrupt image

Posted 09-06-2008 00:00

1. Can you confirm that you are using the typical settings to launch a console session with your firewall:

* Baud Rate to 9600
    * Parity to No
    * Data Bits to 8
    * Stop Bit to 1
    * Flow Control to none

See page 23 of the SSG-140 H/W Install Guide for connecting up to the console port of the firewall.

2. Can you cut/paste the complete console output, so we can see where it's failing with the 'corrupt image' error?

3. There is a known issue with 'corrupt image' on the SSG-550M platform:
    Error "image corrupted" upon bootup of SSG500M series firewall (KB ID: KB10874)

Even though your firewall is a SSG-120, if you can get the console to respond to key strokes, I would follow these steps Possible Flash Corruption Issue on SSG-520M and SSG-550M, except using the SSG-120 boot-loader.

4. If that doesn't work, I'd open a case with JTAC.

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Josine

• 3.  RE: SSG 140 corrupt image
    Best Answer

Posted 09-08-2008 03:56

It turned out that Termlite was at fault. I used Tera Term and that enabled me to upload an image and "fix" it.