Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG-520 Boot loader location?

Posted 12-17-2010 14:19

OK, I'm pulling my hair out here. 
    I'm trying to update my SSG-520 from original OS 5.1r4 to (eventually) 6.2.  It seems as though I should do an intermediate step of 5.4, then up to 6.2, with 2 boot loader upgrades on the way.
    Ok, I have my tftp server up and ready.
    I have the OS files in the tftp root
    i just cannot find the boot loader images.
    I'm not sure the site has had some changes lately, the knowledge base sends me to the download, OS sections, where under software there should be something called package, and tada, boot loader.
    hmm.  I'm not seeing package.
    Could someone please help me out, i've been looking for hours now.

OK, I'm pulling my hair out here. I'm trying to update my SSG-520 from original OS 5.1r4 to (eventually) 6.2.  It seems as though I should do an intermediate step of 5.4, then up to 6.2, with 2 boot loader upgrades on the way.
    Ok, I have my tftp server up and ready.I have the OS files in the tftp rooti just cannot find the boot loader images.
    I'm not sure the site has had some changes lately, the knowledge base sends me to the download, OS sections, where under software there should be something called package, and tada, boot loader.
    hmm.  I'm not seeing package.
    Could someone please help me out, i've been looking for hours now.

• 2.  RE: SSG-520 Boot loader location?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-17-2010 14:54

The boot loader files are in the ScreenOS software download area, but they are mixed in with the actual OS files.

When you select the screenOS version the first tab is the release notes for all the R# versions for that main version.  The second tab is the download screenos files.  On this second tab you will sometimes, but not always see versions of the bootloader for download.

You just have to crawl through all the tabs in each of the OS versions up from your current one until you find them.

• 3.  RE: SSG-520 Boot loader location?

Posted 12-17-2010 15:07

and might i add, thank you.