Screen OS

last person joined: 7 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG-520 Help getting started with SOFTWARE VPN....

Posted 05-16-2011 06:20

Hello All,

I need some 'direction' ..... we have had a SSG-520 for quite a few years... we have done FIREWALL to FIREWALL vpn ... but, we are now moving towards a need for software VPN (many computers connecting to firewall from many locations).... we are at 'almost' ground ZERO on 'how to move forward' ... can someone give me some good direction on how we can use/setup software VPN access from MULTIPLE computers & locations to our SSG-520?

thanks!

#software
    #vpn
    #ssg-520

• 2.  RE: SSG-520 Help getting started with SOFTWARE VPN....

Posted 05-16-2011 06:51

Hello,

There are some example for this in the C&E that cover dial-up VPN.  There are also several clients that work with ScreenOS, but I would recommend researching and testing first.  If you have the budget, I would look into the SA series and go SSL.  More options and a lot esier to manage and support.

John

• 3.  RE: SSG-520 Help getting started with SOFTWARE VPN....

Posted 05-16-2011 07:08

From what I am reading.. I think SSL VPN is a good idea.. but, I am not sure of what costs you are referring to: 'if you have the budget'?

Is the SSL VPN client a 'per licence' cost?

I am assuming we will have multiple workstations in multiple locations connecting to a single ssg 520..

thanks..

• 4.  RE: SSG-520 Help getting started with SOFTWARE VPN....
    Best Answer

Posted 05-16-2011 18:22

Hi,

The SA is it's own product line.  It's not a client for the SSG.  More info...

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/sa-series/

-John

• 5.  RE: SSG-520 Help getting started with SOFTWARE VPN....

Posted 05-23-2011 07:42

thanks... I am going to go ahead and close this... I have talked to multiple people and it looks like SSG-520 & IPSEC is what I need to do (we won't be able to change out our hardware)...