Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup

Posted 08-06-2012 08:30

Hi,

I have a problem with an SSG550, when started it boots correctly but when it gets to Load System Configuration it keeps showing messages in a loop and never starts screenOS

I tryed downgrading the firmware so it deletets the configation file but that didn't work, I tested the flashcard on another SSG550 and the same thing happend

is there a way to reset the flash card then reinstall a new firmware?

Total on-board GbE devices found 2 Total adapter GbE devices found 0 Install modules (0107b000,01b18000) ... PPP IP-POOL initiated, 256 pools

Initializing DI 1.1.0-ns

System config (17498 bytes) loaded

Done.

Load System Configuration .clear                clear dynamic system info delete               delete persistent info in flash exec                 exec system commands exit                 exit command console get                  get system information mtrace               multicast traceroute from source to destination ping                 ping other host reset                reset system save                 save command set                  configure system parameters telnet               Telnet other hostname trace-route          trace route unset                unconfigure system parameters .clear                clear dynamic system info delete               delete persistent info in flash exec                 exec system commands exit                 exit command console

Thnak you in advance

• 2.  RE: SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup

Posted 08-06-2012 09:01

Hi.

Looks as if the firmware is OK, but the config contains invalid lines.

Does the firewall eventually boot up to a point where you see the login prompt?

If so, then I recommend entering the serial number as both login and password, to reset the config to factory default.

Regards,

Sam

• 3.  RE: SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup

Posted 08-07-2012 01:52

hi Sam,

thank you for your reply,

I waited for 15min, nothing changed, i downgraded it from screenos 6.2.0r8 to 5.4.0r16 to make it loose the configuration but that didn't work,

Regards

• 4.  RE: SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup
    Best Answer

Posted 08-07-2012 04:54

Hello,

I believe you're left with the following 2 options:

1) upgrade to 6.2.0r8 and use the "reset config" hole to set the config to factory default

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB14705&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1344340163760

2) contact jtac and RMA the unit.

Regards,

Sam

• 5.  RE: SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup

Posted 08-07-2012 07:01

Hi,

I upgraded back the firewall, after 2 hours the login prompted, I logged in with the serial number to reset the config, it's working good now

thank you for your help

Best regards

• 6.  RE: SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup

Posted 09-05-2012 00:03
    What if there's no output on console?

• 7.  RE: SSG 550 doesn't Load System Configuration at startup

Posted 01-04-2013 13:00

The RAM or motherboard should be checked.................. 

IPKSmiley Happy