ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor
rutledgeIT

SSG20 network simulator

Hello All,

We have offices in five states and therefore five SSG20  Netscreen Firewalls/VPN have been installed i.e. one for each state. The current setup is using Mesh Topology, route-based VPNs and policy-based routing (for routing traffic). It was setup by ex-IT guy and therefore needs to be changed as per our new IT setup. 

But the problem is that I can not play with live setup. So I am wondering if there is a simulator for Netscreen that I can use to simulate our network and then play with it. 

Your suggestions will be highly regarded.

Note: Please don't suggest me to buy second hand SSG20's as we dont have budget to do that..  :-)

Thanks !

Contributor
rutledgeIT

Re: SSG20 network simulator

Can someone answer me "NO, YOU CANNOT DO THAT" if it is not possible?

Thanks for the help anyway.

Contributor
AndyT

no simulators out there that i am aware of.  however, if you post more detail about your current setup, and what your looking to achieve in any changes, people on here will probably then offer you advice on the best way forward.

Contributor
rutledgeIT

Thanks Andy,

I believe I have to prepare a diagram and list of business rules before I ask you anything. So I will come back with cleared picture of our nsetup. 

Cheers !

Contributor
Bill_G

That's the onl;y way to really testbed anything - purchase spare equipment and work with your configurations until you're satisfied. Then save your current config, upload the new config during a maintenance window, and hope Bob is your uncle.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.