Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG320M BGP configuration

Posted 02-14-2009 06:34

I have an SSG320M-SH (ScreenOS 6.1R2) that I am using for establishing BGP sessions with two different peers.  Each peer has a different Private AS# assigned to me (65516 and 64875).  I can't assign two different ASes to my firewall, so how do I advertise a different AS# to each of these peers?

DK

• 2.  RE: SSG320M BGP configuration

Posted 02-16-2009 04:54

Hi, the only way that I know to configure various AS# to diferent peers it's to configure a Virtual Router per AS.

One you configure the other VR you can assing an AS different than the other.

Regards.

• 3.  RE: SSG320M BGP configuration

Posted 02-16-2009 05:14

Thank you.  I kind of figured out that I would need multiple VRs in order to assign multiple AS#s.  But how do I share routing information from my multiple (BGP) VRs with my Trust VR?  I will be routing traffic from my trust VR to these BGP peer networks, so I want to ensure that my Trust VR knows how to get to the networks at each of these BGP peers.

Regards,

DK

• 4.  RE: SSG320M BGP configuration

Posted 02-16-2009 05:27

you can export routing information from a vr to trust-vr by creating using the "export-to vrouter" commands

combine this with an access-list/route-map and you will have control over what you want to export to trust-vr

• 5.  RE: SSG320M BGP configuration
    Best Answer

Posted 02-16-2009 05:30

To do that you need to add import or export rules on the VRs. This are configured on the virtual router configuration page.

This KB article explain all the necesary steps.

http://kb.juniper.net/KB5942

Regards.

• 6.  RE: SSG320M BGP configuration

Posted 02-16-2009 07:04

Thaks again.  I overlooked the Import/Export rules page in the GUI configuration.  I think I have only used multiple virtual routers on one of these devices one other time.

Thanks again for the assistance.

DK