Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  SSG5 policy issue - Static IP's not listed in Trust-to-Untrust able to get out to internet

Posted 04-09-2012 13:07

I apologize if this is a boneheaded rookie mistake but I'm about at my wits end here trying to figure this out.

I've got a simple setup.

Eth0/0 - Untrust (Route)

Eth0/2 - Trust (NAT)

I have policies in trust for:

10.16.x.1

10.16.x.2

10.16.x.3 

etc.

Those IP's have custom services assigned and added to the host IP addresses.

My server:

10.16.x.100 has no policies assigned and it is able to fully connect to the internet.

My policies listing are as follows:

Machine IP policies

etc.

Then

any any any deny (log) enabled at the end with policy ID of 1

What I'm hoping to accomplish is any machine that does not have a policy explicity mapped in trust to untrust would have all traffic blocked.  

I'm just trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks.

-Aaron

• 2.  RE: SSG5 policy issue - Static IP's not listed in Trust-to-Untrust able to get out to internet

Posted 04-09-2012 19:31
    Could you please post config and / or screebshot of Trust -> Untrust policies?

• 3.  RE: SSG5 policy issue - Static IP's not listed in Trust-to-Untrust able to get out to internet
    Best Answer

Posted 04-11-2012 09:19

What are the network masks you have configured for the address objects in the policies? It sounds like you may have configured each one with a 24-bit mask (i.e. 10.16.x.1/24, 10.16.x.2/24, etc). These should be 32-bit masks (e.g. 10.16.x.1/32) for individual hosts.

• 4.  RE: SSG5 policy issue - Static IP's not listed in Trust-to-Untrust able to get out to internet

Posted 05-01-2012 11:14

Spud I could buy you a beer.  That was it.  10.16.x.x/32 with the policy deny-deny-all at the end worked.  Brain fart on my part as I was configuring all of the equipment with the /24.  Thanks again! 🙂