Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  ScreeOS EOL announcement confusion !!

Posted 04-14-2011 03:58

Folks,
    How do u interprete this EOL announcement for ScreenOS.
    Product FRS Date End of Engineering Support End of Life (EOL)
    ScreenOS 6.3 09/01/2009 12/31/2013 12/31/2013
    A similar announcement exists for JUNOS but i know for sure that it is not EOL, 11.X is the current version and will continue to run.
    JUNOS 10.41 12/08/2010 12/08/2013 06/08/2014
    For ScreenOS 6.3 is the current version and it is being announced as EOL. does this mean this is the end of ScreenOS and platforms,SSG,ISG etc ??? 
    OR 
    its just an announcement for a particular version of screenos and further versions will continue to run. 

• 2.  RE: ScreeOS EOL announcement confusion !!

Posted 04-14-2011 06:43

EOL just means that the software version will not have any new engineering builds (EOE), it will not be supported by JTAC (EOE + x months or 2 subsequent releases), and it will be removed from the website for download.  The code will still run just fine, but if you have an issue and call into support with an EOL code you'll probably be asked to upgrade before anything else.

I've been wondering myself if we'll ever see ScreenOS 6.4 or 7.0.  Not sure on that one...

• 3.  RE: ScreeOS EOL announcement confusion !!
    Best Answer

Posted 04-14-2011 08:23

We actually announce the EOL date when the software is released. This is to give customers planning information - for example in a telco qualification scenario where they might want to wait for an extended EOL release.

So the announcement is specific to _that version_ of ScreenOS - it doesn't mean ScreenOS itself is being EOL'd.

-Keith

• 4.  RE: ScreeOS EOL announcement confusion !!

Posted 03-10-2013 18:35

Thank you Keith.  What are the plans (if any) for ScreenOS 6.4 or 7.0?  Should we be planning to retire our SSGs or transition to JunOS (not possible for our fleet of SSG5s I guess)?

Thanks,

Wes

• 5.  RE: ScreeOS EOL announcement confusion !!

Posted 01-15-2014 04:05

ScreenOS 6.3 is supposed to be the last ScreenOS version.

I suppose it will be maintainted as long there are active ScreenOS devices using it under support.