Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Site to site IPSEC VPN. Send all traffic through tunnel

Posted 08-03-2009 02:55

Hey,

I need to setup a VPN tunnel between 2 SSG devices. (A SSG140 and a SSG520) I have done it before but never in this configuration:

I need all traffic from the site with the SSG140 to go through the site with the SSG520.

How do I construct the VPN and routing table to allow this?

• 2.  RE: Site to site IPSEC VPN. Send all traffic through tunnel

Posted 08-03-2009 03:07

Hello

here is a link can help you to build VPN site to Site with Route based VPN http://kb.juniper.net/index?page=content&id=KB4178&actp=search&searchid=1249293814561 

http://kb.juniper.net/kb/documents/public/resolution_path/J_FW_VPN_Config_or_Trblsh.htm

if you need more help please let us know 

Thkns 

Message Edited by mehdi on 08-03-2009 11:09 AM

• 3.  RE: Site to site IPSEC VPN. Send all traffic through tunnel

Posted 08-03-2009 03:34

Thanks for the quick answer,

I need specific information on how to have all traffic going through the main site through the VPN tunnel.

For example, we have a small office located geographicly in another town. I need the traffic from these users to go through the VPN tunnel to the main office.

• 4.  RE: Site to site IPSEC VPN. Send all traffic through tunnel
    Best Answer

Posted 08-03-2009 03:42

hi

you juste create  default route to your main office trougth tunel interface and cretae policy source and destination example

if you use rout firewall for internet access and also for VPN

you can use source policy  routing (PBR) first policy route use it only for Traffic HTTP and DNS "port needed " and scond source policy routing you use all traffic tunel.

or if your firewall is used only for VPN traffic you use route destination (destination based) with tunel interface 0.0.0.0 tunel.1 0.0.0.0.0

hope this help you  

• 5.  RE: Site to site IPSEC VPN. Send all traffic through tunnel

Posted 03-04-2014 11:33

Hi Mehdi,

We also have a very simillar requirement. But in our case, we only need to route the HTTP and HTTPS traffic from a branch back to the main branch. Route based VPN was already established between the sites. Can you help us how to set this up?

Thanks in advanced!

Arnel