10-31-2008 09:11 AM
We've got a new version of the Knowledge Base (http://kb-beta.juniper.net) and we'd like you to be among the first to try it out. It has many new features, and greatly improved search quality. Some of the feature include:
- "Most Popular" and "Recently Updated" tabs on the front page. Also check out the READ ME tab for the latest updates and information on the KB itself.
- New "Browse Knowledge Base categories" link on the homepage and when viewing an article. You can sort these results by Most Popular and Recently Updated as well. (try this)
- You can subscribe to an RSS feed of new articles in any category
- You can drill into the categories an article has been filed under
- When browsing, the system shows whether you've already viewed the article
- Subscribe to an article - you'll receive an email when it's updated (registered users only)
- New "Solved Threads" filter when you select By Source-J-Net (see sample)
- Expanded search coverage - virtually the entire site, including KB, Documentation, J-Net, J-Security Center, and the Products area is now available - and easily focus your search using the By Source filters.
- By Source->Documentation has a new Release Notes sub-filter so you can quickly zero in on upgrade information.
- Improved handling of technical query elements like log messages (e.g. junoscope_purge_auditlog) and IP addresses (192.168.1.1)
- Better handling of version strings like "9.2r3" or "5.4.1"
We've also expanded the scope of the search while at the same time tightening the filters up. You may still see an occasional "stray" article in an area it doesn't belong, but this is greatly reduced.
Note that we don't search all versions of all documentation - we need to work on some better filtering before we expand that. For now we have the most recent 2-3 versions indexed.
Please give the new KB a try and let us know what you think! - either here in this thread or via the Feedback link on the kb-beta home page.
Juniper eSupport Team
11-03-2008 01:17 AM
good post Keith, very useful information.
If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Kudos are always appreciated!
11-04-2008 10:30 AM
But...how's it working? Is it better than the current KB? What do you like/dis-like? We are hoping to incorporate as much feedback as possible before we go live with it (where it will replace the current kb.juniper.net )
11-12-2008 08:32 PM
We just completed the cutover. We saw quite a lot of traffic from J-net during the beta - thanks for your help!