Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Static route added to manually created VR not propagating between Master Slave in NSRP Cluster

Posted 08-14-2015 01:14

Hi

I have 2 x SSG550 firewalls running ScreenOS 6.3.0r19.0 (Firewall+VPN) in a HA NSRP Cluster. On these firewalls I have manually created a new VR, so I have the "Untrust", "Trust" and manual VRs.

If I create a route from say the "Trust" VR to the Manual VR that route will be propagated over to the standby firewall from the master.

However if I create a route (using the Web GUI) from the Manual VR say going out over a VPN tunnel to a remote site I am finding that this route is not being propagated from the Master firewall to the standby.

Even if I add the route using command line

set vrouter manual-vr route 20.30.40.0/24 interface tunnel.11 gateway 10.xx.yy.zz

it still does not propagate, even after entering the "save" command after setting the route.

Can somebody tell me if this is

* Somehow normal behavior

* Something I am doing wrong

* Something for which a case should be opened towards the TAC for support with

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Static route added to manually created VR not propagating between Master Slave in NSRP Cluster
    Best Answer

Posted 08-14-2015 01:27

Hi,

Have ou enbled the 'Sync VR configure to the NSRP peer' option?

It is under ==> Network > Routing > Virtual Router > Edit

• 3.  RE: Static route added to manually created VR not propagating between Master Slave in NSRP Cluster

Posted 08-14-2015 01:36

Hi Gokul

Thank you for the fast response and solution, it is very much appreciated.

No, I had not checked that option. I have just now checked this option and added a dummy route to test and it worked.

Best Regards,

Michael

• 4.  RE: Static route added to manually created VR not propagating between Master Slave in NSRP Cluster

Posted 08-14-2015 01:52

You are welcome Michael!

Good to know the problem is fixed...