Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Syslog to bgroup0

Posted 10-29-2014 14:25

Hello,

i'm trying to get my syslog working.

My Configuration ist Juniper SSG5 configured with bgroup0 @ ip 192.168.1.1 containing network interfaces ethernet 1 2 3

And a ethernet 0 which is connected to internet.

infact that i want to use the syslog i've configured it like explained here:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB4759

For the source interface i've tried to use none, bgroup0

I've checkt the configuration via console and everything is allright exept the debug syslog all command. There aren't logs created i think but if i look on reports system logs there are some after supplying the command.

Why i'm not able to see this syslog via console (ssh)

What goes wrong. I thing the syslog server is configured allright. I'm using Kiwi Syslog via TCP or UDP doesn't do a difference.

The only problem i'm thinking about logging to groups might be a problem.

I've tested to ping the syslog server's ip sucessful from bgroup0.

Thank you in advance for you help

layerzero

• 2.  RE: Syslog to bgroup0
    Best Answer

Posted 10-31-2014 14:11

In general it all looks correct.  You should select the interface for syslog that is facing your syslog server.  So if your Kiwi server is in that 192.168.1.0/24 subnet then do select the bgroup0 as the syslog interface.

Look on the firewall under

Reports - System Log - events

This will confirm there are events that should be sent to the syslog server.  If new events are here that are not showing up on the server, try setting up a packet capture on the server using wireshark and see if they logs are arriving at that interface.

Also confirm that the server firewall is turned off or otherwise allows udp 512 inbound to the server.

• 3.  RE: Syslog to bgroup0

Posted 11-09-2014 12:27

after using a different syslog server all worked fine