Screen OS

last person joined: 7 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  URL Filtering-White list not functioning

Posted 05-30-2008 10:20

Greetings...

I have several Junipers exhibiting the same behavior...so I am assuming I'm configuring something wrong. This is the case:

Model: SSG5

Integrated url filtering

URL filtering is functioning normally, I have a custom profile configured ("URL_Policy" ), and a custom category (named "allow_list" ) which is configured within "URL_Policy" as the White List. However the page still gets blocked according to the Web-Based Email categroy being blocked. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kara

**edited to remove auto-smileys 

Message Edited by karateckie on 05-30-2008 10:21 AM

#5.4.0r1.0
    #list
    #white
    #filtering
    #SSG5
    #url

• 2.  RE: URL Filtering-White list not functioning
    Best Answer

Posted 06-01-2008 19:47

First of all, I would definitely upgrade your SSG. 5.4.0r1 was the very first release for the 5.4 branch (released July 2006) and there were some reported issues with regards to URL filtering. The current release is 5.4.0r10 and has a great deal of fixes.

After upgrade, then let us know if you still have issues.

-Richard

• 3.  RE: URL Filtering-White list not functioning

Posted 06-02-2008 07:10
    Thank you rkim, I updated the ScreenOS to 6.0.0r5 and the white list now functions as expected.

• 4.  RE: URL Filtering-White list not functioning

Posted 09-18-2008 05:28

Hello rkim:

I have a SSG140 with firmware v.5.4.0r8.0 and I am experiencing the same problem... that is a long list of allowed URLs that are still being blocked.

Any ideas on how to correct?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: URL Filtering-White list not functioning

Posted 12-11-2008 13:02

I am having the same issues getting the white listing to work.

If I use the same custom list I created and black list it, the browser will shows the black list that blocked it.  However if I add it to the white list, it denies the URL stating that it falls under one of the default categories.

It acts as if the list did not exist.  I have tried modifying the firewall through NSM as well as the web gui with the same results.

Current Firmware Version: 6.0.0r5a.0