Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0

Posted 08-20-2011 14:11

I'd like to upgrade an Old NS25 with firmware v4.0.1r3.0 to v5.4.  I know I need to upgrade to v5.0 first to address file structure issues, but the support site starts at v5.3.  Any ideas where to find the 5.0 software on the support site?

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0

Posted 08-23-2011 10:33

Check with your local support team or contact JTAC.  They can provide you a URL for the download.

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0

Posted 08-23-2011 20:38

Thanks for the info.

My supplier seems to think this device is no longer supported so I was hoping to find it here. Oh Well...

• 4.  RE: Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0
    Best Answer

Posted 08-24-2011 20:01

The device is still supported provided you had a valid support contract as of 6/30/2009.  Take a look at the following:

http://www.juniper.net/support/eol/ns_hw.html

If you do not have a valid support contract but did have one prior, it would not hurt to call JTAC and see if they could make an exception.  Or find out who your local Juniper team is and see if they can assist.  Might also be a good time to update your device if budget permits.

Sorry I can't be of more help but while I have a partner account, I still cannot get access to the 5.x firmware.  Good luck!

-Mike

• 5.  RE: Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0

Posted 08-31-2011 10:38

The lack of a past support contract is the issue, but I'll give them a call just in case.

Thanks for the Help

• 6.  RE: Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0

Posted 08-31-2011 11:36

I just spent almost an hour on the phone with JTAC, and I explained the orphaned nature of the product and their support docs to their rep.

First, I needed to buy a support contract (20 minute Hold)

Then, I couldn't buy a contract, but I could pay a per incident fee to get a link to the firmware (15 minute Hold)

Then, I couldn't pay a per incedent fee, but I could get a contract exception (10 minute Hold)

Now, I can't buy a contract, pay an incident fee, get an exemption, or get the firmware from Juniper

All I can do is download from "somewhere" else...

I was trying to do this the "right" way, but that was not really the support I was hoping for!

• 7.  RE: Upgrading Firmware on an NS25 v4.0.1r3.0

Posted 11-20-2011 11:59

I'm in the same boat and boils down to this. Spend your money elsewhere and look for a manufacturer who actually supports their products without holding your ransom of purchasing new equipment once its EOL. Ridiculous to still allow the latest software to be downloaded but not previous versions to get it workiing or build software that is a full image and doesnt require the step process.

Ive sent numerous emails to Juniper and no responses to any of my questions. Terrible support.