Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  VPN: is in use

Posted 10-29-2010 06:14

I had made a change by mistake - in the Autokey IKE section, I was editing the Dial up VPN and under the advanced tab the "Bind To" was originally set to "Tunnel Interface" and in the drop down it was a tunnel we created called tunnel.20. Well, I changed it to Tunnel Zone.

Now, when I try to change it back to Tunnel Interface and click Return and then Ok, it tells me the VPN is in use.

Problem is, how do I get passed this? How do I turn off the VPN temporarily - long enough to put this back on to Tunnel interface??

Thanks in advance.

-Jason

• 2.  RE: VPN: is in use
    Best Answer

Posted 10-29-2010 06:59

Hi Jason ,

The   " VPN in use " error means that the VPN is used at a apolicy , you should remove it from the policy then do the chnage then put it back

To know which policy is using the VPN :

From GUI search for a policy having " lock" , The indicates that the action is tunnel

Then edit this policy , under action section : make it permit insead of permit  & remove the mentioned VPN

After doing your needed change , put the action back to tunnel & select your VPN

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

• 3.  RE: VPN: is in use

Posted 10-29-2010 07:12

Thank you so much, even disabling the policy (which I actually tried last night) did not do the trick. I went in and changed it to Any at the top and permit at the bottom which completely removed anything to do with the tunnel and it worked perfectly fine. I guess now I can safely just delete this policy.

Thanks a million!