Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Video Conferrence always drop after 30 minutes

Posted 08-22-2013 13:13

Dear all,

Im try to make a Video conferrence call from HDX (Zone Trust) to the MCU (Zone Office) and i see every 30 minutes, it been disconnected as cycle

On the Firewall i have a policy with service Any from Trust --> Office

Then i try to connect direct between 02 Switch S3560 and won't see it happend

I wonder there are some parameters on Firewall make the Video Conferrence always disconnect  after 30 minutes,

Thanks in advance

Khanh Dang

• 2.  RE: Video Conferrence always drop after 30 minutes

Posted 08-22-2013 21:46

Default  inactive timeout for TCP is 30 minutes .Are you using H323 ?

So , when you say Video conference keeps disconnecting after 30 minutes, Is  there a live/active Video traffic  through the session installed on the firewall ? 

If the video conferincing session is established  on firewall  and there is no activity/traffic  for 30 minutes on that session, firewall will timeout that session , if  TCP service with defauly timeout of 30 minutes is used to establish that session.

• 3.  RE: Video Conferrence always drop after 30 minutes

Posted 08-23-2013 11:48

We had the same issue on our SRX as well we used custom H.323 with large TCP time out yet the problem occured check the ALG for SIP

• 4.  RE: Video Conferrence always drop after 30 minutes

Posted 08-24-2013 15:23

Hi AmitSuri

Yes, i am using H323 and SIP . It 's still disconnect when we are meeting online

Any recommend for Video Conferrence policy?

Regards

• 5.  RE: Video Conferrence always drop after 30 minutes

Posted 08-25-2013 02:39

As you know , the default timeout for  SIP as well H323 TCP is 30 minutes, chances are high that the session is getting closed due to some in activity.

You can try  increasing the timeout , if you are using the predefined services , you can use the following command to increase the inactivity timeout and see 

set service "H.323" timeout 60

set service "SIP" timeout 60

• 6.  RE: Video Conferrence always drop after 30 minutes

Posted 08-26-2013 09:08

Hi,

I try to change time-out value to never but it's still happend, Do i should to give a dedicate value 60 minutes

SSG520M_FW-> get service | in SIP
    SIP 17 5060 other 1 Pre-defined

SSG520M_FW-> get service | in H.323
    H.323 6 1720 remote never Pre-defined

Regards