ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
tyj
Contributor
tyj
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 and Netscreen remote client

Has anyone gotten the remote VPN client to work on windows 7?  We are looking at the OS and trying to get it to work.  Everything installs fine but it does not seem to install the safenet virtual adapter and the policy does nto show up on the client (there is nothing in the "connect to" option.
Super Contributor
oldtimer

Re: Windows 7 and Netscreen remote client

Windows 7 is not supported ... I'm not even sure Safenet has a version that is compatible with Windows 7 yet.
Distinguished Expert
rkim

Not to mention Windows 7 itself is still in Beta. So I wouldn't expect Safenet to have a Windows 7 version yet.

-Richard

New User
tzappa

Windows 7 is not beta anymore.  You guys can be pro-active if you want - unless you think no one else is going to have a problem with this.
Visitor
FYIT

is there something news about a new release for Windows 7 ?
tyj
Contributor
tyj

Any word yet on this?  Its been a pain the last few days trying to find out any news on this software so I am also wondering if it is even supported / sold anymore?  If there is someone from Juniper that sees this can they lok into is and let us know?  I have 5 users who want to use windows 7 and would need this installed.  I'd like to give them a concrete answer.
Super Contributor
Cesar

tzappa, oldtimer has already answered this.

New User
DJMoz

[ Edited ]

Win7 RTM was released back in August for Microsoft Volume Licensing/Software Assurance customers

I'm not impressed with Juniper that NetScreen Client works with Vista  but _doesn't_ work in Windows 7.

I'm testing XP Mode to see if I can run Netscreen Client inside the virtual PC - so far can install it inside XP mode but it isn't appearing back in Windows 7.. There goes the connection to our shared drive for any laptop users...

One remaining option is ditch the NetScreen Client completely and use Direct Connect on 2008 R2 servers - a bit drastic, but if Juniper aren't going to help people I'm not left with many options at this stage..

Message Edited by DJMoz on 10-01-2009 05:00 PM
Contributor
JMan12345

[ Edited ]

Any updates on this thread? We are looking to upgrade to Windows 7 but need our VPN functionality...

This thread should NOT be considered solved until there is a rough timeline around when NS remote will be Windows 7 capable.

Thanks

Message Edited by JMan12345 on 10-02-2009 03:18 PM

Kudos Appreciated :smileyhappy:
New User
DJMoz

I agree - this post should NOT be closed until a solution is available.

I've found out a bit more about running NetScreen Client 9 in XP Mode - will take much a large amount of work to test this:

1. Add a Loopback adapter to the host.
  2. Configure the Loopback adapter.
  3. Add a Virtual adapter to the guest.
  4. Configure the Virtual adapter.
  5. Disable Internet Connection Sharing and Firewall on the guest.
  6. Enable routing on the guest.
  7. Configure routing on the guest.
  8. Configure routing on the host.

someone has done this with another client - hoping this can be adapted for NetScreen Client in a similar manner - more details available from http://jmpstart.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/safenet_softremotelt_on_windows_7/

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.