Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  creating two vip on ssg 140 with two ISP's.

Posted 09-02-2009 06:45

Dear All,

I am having SSG 140 screenos 6.0.0r4 on which i have a VIP created on existing Wan IP of ISP 1, now i am planning to terminate another ISP i.e ISP 2 on my firewall, my question here is if i try to create another VIP on my ISP 2 will it going to work...as i had gone through some documents which mentioned two VIPs are not supported on juniper firewall having dual ISP's.

please suggest.

thanks.

Sarjil.

• 2.  RE: creating two vip on ssg 140 with two ISP's.

Posted 09-02-2009 12:44

You can have 2 VIPs on the same firewall but on different interfaces.

So each interfaces should on different zones and have seperate policies.

Thanks

Atif

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: creating two vip on ssg 140 with two ISP's.

Posted 09-03-2009 02:54

Dear Atif

Thanks for the suggestion, yes will try the same as suggeted , i have one more query will this  work in primary and backup internet scenario or do i need to have both the isp's talking to internet inorder to both the vips to be work.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: creating two vip on ssg 140 with two ISP's.
    Best Answer

Posted 09-03-2009 11:44

Each VIP on each interfaces. If the backup ISP route is inactive then you cannot use the Host for that VIP was configured.. But once it get active it will be work.

So only that VIP will able to pass the traffic when that particue route to ISP is active.

Thanks

Atif