Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  debug flow basic on tftp?

Posted 04-04-2016 08:02

Hello guys,

i had problem with isg2000 but the noc people of my company just rebooted the machine without take any log so i do not know what exactly happened, they aren't ablet to access the firewall.

If the problem will come back out the business hour i want the information will be caught automatically.

So me and coworker made up a script for all the required "get" commands. It will run automatically every 30 min and it saves the result on external tftp server.

BUT we need to collect the debug flow bacic too with active traffic.... can i make it automatic and save result on a tftp server? 

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

• 2.  RE: debug flow basic on tftp?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-04-2016 19:05

Hi Andrea,

It is possible.

Does your current script get triggered every 30 minutes - run the get commands - exit   //or//  is it always ON, with the Get commands run in a loop every 30 minutes?

I would suggest leaving the script session always logged into the box and trigger the 'get' commands every 30 minutes or lesser period. If that can be done:

- add the set ff and the actual debug flow basic commands outside the loop

- add the 'get db st' command inside the loop

- add another loop which would run every 20 seconds or so, just to send some keepalive to the firewall and prevent the session from timing out

Note: It is not a good idea to run the debug continuously, unless your filters are very granular. Also, the debug buffer can get filled up rapidly depending on the amount of traffic caught by the filters.

Also, the ISG handles most traffic on the ASIC chip which will not be caught by debug flow basic.

• 3.  RE: debug flow basic on tftp?

Posted 04-07-2016 00:44

Hi Gokul,

thanks for your time! 

we did the way you suggested us and it worked! 

thanks again,

bye

• 4.  RE: debug flow basic on tftp?

Posted 04-07-2016 22:27

You are welcome, glad to help! Smiley Happy